What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is the combined use of electronic information and telecommunications technology to allow patients and healthcare providers to connect remotely. This includes long-distance clinical care and health education. Video conferencing, the use of the internet, photo and video-sharing, and online streaming are the the core technologies utilized by telehealth.
What is included in Telehealth?
There are a lot of included features in telehealth services depending on the platform being used and the HIPAA laws that govern medical practices and patient privacy. For example, this type of medical visit uses realtime video and audio conferencing with a licensed healthcare provider.
Your doctor would also be able to diagnose your condition through video streaming and photo-sharing. As a patient, you will have the capability of seeing your treatment information, and your doctor’s notes from the platform being used, as well as the ability to obtain needed prescriptions.
Overall, telehealth services are similar to in-office visits with added convenience and ease of use for both the provider and the patient.
How Telehealth Benefits Patients
- Minimize your risk of exposure to COVID-19 by doing virtual doctors’ visits
- Receive professional medical advice from the comfort of your own home
- No extended wait times – you can receive notifications when your medical provider is available
- Renew your prescriptions without visiting your doctor’s office
- Attend your appointments using just your IOS or Android device
How Telehealth Benefits Healthcare Providers
- Minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for staff and other patients
- Screen patients for any COVID-19 symptoms that may need to be reported
- Same personalized care similar to an in-office setting
- Can be done remotely without needing to go into the office
- Wider reach for patients who might not be able to come and attend their visit in person
- See patients before giving prescriptions
Our Telehealth Platform – PocketEMA
We have partnered with our Patient Portal provider – Modernizing Medicine – to bring you one of the most advanced platforms for telehealth services. PocketEMA is our telehealth and patient portal rolled into one, and it is now available on the App Store and Google Play Store.
- View your visit history
- Read your diagnosis
- Attach documents like images, PDFs and any important paperwork needed
- Send and receive mail to and from your doctor
- See your current and pending prescriptions
- Check your insurance information and coverage
These features are there along with the telehealth service offered by the app. All your medical needs are now available at your fingertips. If you have questions about our telehealth service, feel free to call us at (727) 528-0321.
Download our Telehealth App
You can download our telehealth app for Apple and Android devices with these direct links below: