Are You Losing Hair? When Should You See your Dermatologist?
Whether you have sudden hair loss or gradual loss of hair, call us today, consult with our dermatologist.
We have many science-based techniques to help diagnose and treat alopecias. In many cases we can help reduce the loss of hair and recommend the correct products and services that will nourish your hair follicles and allow your hair to grow healthier and thicker.
At our practice, a detailed medical history will be taken. Here are a few things we consider:
- Are you seeing more hairs on your floor, pillow, & in the drain?
- Are you finding your hair is easily broken off, discovering many split ends and damaged pieces of hair where you comb & brush?
- Are you shedding increasing numbers of whole hairs with white tips on the ends? More than 100 per day is abnormal.
- Does your scalp itch or is it sore or tender? Are there pustules or pimples present on your scalp?
- How old were you when you got your first hair relaxer? At what age did you first color your hair?
- What is your age and is there family history of hair loss?
These and other important factors are all considered when we develop your own personalized treatment plan to combat hair loss.
Keep in mind that some patients may require a biopsy to determine the diagnosis or cause of their hair loss. At Divine Dermatology we excel in performing those biopsies when they are needed.
Do not wait until it is too late! Call and book your consultation today!
Need more information? Visit our hair loss resource page by clicking on the link below.